• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk Talk and Skype

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk Talk and Skype

Having problems setting up Skype on the father in laws PC. Looks like Talk Talk does not allow the use of Skype. Does anyone know if this is true.
    Called Talk Talk and they hadn't heard of Skype. They thought i was talking about Sky TV

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
    Called Talk Talk and they hadn't heard of Skype. They thought i was talking about Sky TV
    Pay peanuts, get monkeys*

*pay nothing, still get monkeys.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A quick google reveals that you are not the only one. The general opinion is that TT are sh*te. Cynics might point out that their BB offering is funded by the bundled phone contract and that since using Skype means you arn't paying to use their phone service they are not likely to be too enthusiatic about supporting it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've been on the "free broadband" for 2-3 years. We only get about 2Mb but that's our exchange's fault I belief.

Skype installed and working fine most of the time. Sometimes quality is not great but it's not the norm... and obviously this could be due to many factors.

As far as TT are concerned, it's just something else using download/upload bandwidth isn't it?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          The general opinion is that TT are sh*te.
          Not from people I know... loads of people in my circle switched to it when they introduced the free broadband deal. There were problems with it taking ages to get set up due to massive oversubscription but otherwise I've not heard complaints. As well as cheap broadband I get free phone calls to most UK and foreign numbers I call. Which is great since I often have long calls to the USA.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Aren`t they one of the ISPs running Phorm?

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
              Yes. Another good reason to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
                but only if you opt-in to Phorm.

I've been with TT for a couple of years.

Skype works for me - but I don't use it as I have an all calls in package anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X