• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outlook 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook 2007

A customer of mine has his email account set up in outlook 2007, however current problem is that it wont send/receive mail. Even thought it connects and logs onto his mail server without problem (currently fasthosts).

Fasthosts suggested deleting the account within outlook and starting from scratch, as far as they are concerned it's an outlook problem as they can see mail send/receive on the web based mailbox of the same account.

my question is if, I delete the account in outlook, close/reopen outlook will all contacts & mail be lost ?

IMAP or POP?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      IMAP or POP?
      Pop

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
        Pop
        Probably, but then again, maybe not.

Easiest way to check is to get on the WebMail portal for your provider and see if the messages are still there. If they are, Outlook can get them again.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
          my question is if, I delete the account in outlook, close/reopen outlook will all contacts & mail be lost ?
          Copy anything you need to a local .pst file.

Comment

Why not just add the same account details as a new account in Outlook. I have 2007 here and that's what I would try first.
            "take me to your leader"

Comment

WHS. But I'd make the second account an IMAP one.

Comment

Yes I intend adding the account back in using imap instead.

I'm guessing that as its currently not sending/receiving (or does not appear to be) it could be preparing to send/receive as I know there should be a lot of messages in the account to download.

IMAP if I am not mistaken will eleviate this problem as it does not download from the server, instead views mail on the server.

Whats indexing ? I see that in outlook bottom right of screen ??

Comment

Search your hard disk for the outlook.pst file and make a copy to say pst_tmp.pst. Create a new mail account and point it to look at pst_tmp.pst rather than the .pst file it will create with the new account and all of your mail and contacts should be there.
                  Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                  X