• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows CE dev in VS - decent books?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Your comments are often very sensible although of course I would never say so.
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Quick delete the above message before anyone sees it!

Too late!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Could you do a HTML/JS only app with just the client side?
      Possible - just use cookies to store some variables locally?
      Unless one installs a web server on the phone, the browser would be accessing the content using the file: protocol, and IE - at least on the desktop - doesn't support cookies for that protocol.

IE Mobile was formerly a different codebase to IE desktop, so it may not have had that problem; but it seems that the new version of IE Mobile is being based on the desktop IE 6 code, so it will probably have the same limitations

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Unless one installs a web server on the phone, the browser would be accessing the content using the file: protocol, and IE - at least on the desktop - doesn't support cookies for that protocol.

IE Mobile was formerly a different codebase to IE desktop, so it may not have had that problem; but it seems that the new version of IE Mobile is being based on the desktop IE 6 code, so it will probably have the same limitations

Comment

You're applauding me being right? Ta.

Flash's ActionScript is essentially JavaScript of course.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            You're applauding me being right? Ta.

Flash's ActionScript is essentially JavaScript of course.
            I am applauding to the chimp making a relevant comment about cookies that I had no idea about (cookies not set with file:// protocol) - your suggestion relies on Flash which I think is not that widespread on mobiles

Comment

Working...
            X