• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MDI in .NET

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That's SDI: each window has a single document, appearing to be a separate instance of the application.

Oh no it isn't.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Oh no it isn't.
      Microsoft beg to differ:
      An MDI application has a window within which multiple MDI child windows, which are frame windows themselves, can be opened, each containing a separate document.

Comment

An MDI application has a window within which multiple MDI child windows, which are frame windows themselves, can be opened, each containing a separate document.
        I think when VectraMan said "one completely independent document per window" the window he was referring to was the child window from that statement above.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

And I said:
          MDI implies one completely independent document per window
          I didn't say application windows.

Comment

And I said:

MDI implies one completely independent document per window.
            I didn't say application windows.
            But MDI means multiple completely independent documents per window, not one.

Comment

But MDI means multiple completely independent documents per window, not one.
              Multiple documents per application window, but one independent document per child window, which is what I said (or at least what I meant).

Comment

Working...
              X