• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i Pod Shuffle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a 2.0 USB port I believe. I have an iPhone and it will not charge if plugged into a 1.1 USB port, but is fine if plugged into a 2.0 USB port.

Sounds strange, but hey it is apple.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      You need a 2.0 USB port I believe. I have an iPhone and it will not charge if plugged into a 1.1 USB port, but is fine if plugged into a 2.0 USB port.

Sounds strange, but hey it is apple.....
      Well, USB 2.0 has been around for more than eight years... I'd be surprised to find a machine with USB 1.x on the market these days. My cheapo Toshiba laptop from about three or four years ago has 2.0.

Comment

A lot of peripherals still ship with USB 1.1 pass through ports. Most USB ports directly on the machine should be USB 2.0 but in a lot of cases extension ones (i.e. the ones on the front of the case and not the plug direct into the motherboard ones) are USB 1.1.

I suspect there are lots of USB 1.1 ports still knocking about because once you have attached one peripheral some of the power available on that port is used up so that when you attach another device in series the remaining power that is left over is not enough to use the high USB 2.0 transfer rate and instead defaults to the slower USB 1.1 speeds. If you are not going to be able to get USB 2.0 speeds off the bus anyway, why spend a fraction more putting a USB 2.0 port in there?

Comment

Just thought I'd keep you all updated: the i-pod's now charged-up. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Just thought I'd keep you all updated: the i-pod's now charged-up. Thank you.
            Thanks for the update - I was starting to wonder.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
            X