• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A blaggers guide to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A blaggers guide to...

User Interface Design

Websquirrel seeks recommended resources (links, books, contacts) for the spurious art of UI design, and the challenges therewith. Please feel free to post useful links, or jabber incoherently, as you wish.

Thanks greatly.

RH

Start here.

As always, the answers are in TPD, if you look hard enough

Comment

Smashing Magazine is well worth a look. Previous articles have included a summary of UI design material, with recommended books, etc.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

In fact here's the article I was referring to.

Some great books on there.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          In fact here's the article I was referring to.

Some great books on there.
          Don't Make Me Think and The Design of Everyday Things are both excellent - I think I'll be hitting Amazon for a few more off that list

Remember, pull => handle, push => plate... except at Yahoo's London office
          Last edited by NickFitz; 18 August 2008, 20:24.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Don't Make Me Think and The Design of Everyday Things are both excellent - I think I'll be hitting Amazon for a few more off that list
            About Face 3 is worth putting on your list if you haven't read it.

Comment

Working...
            X