• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching to a Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Yes, I thought NeoOffice was amazingly good, the only thing that put me off NeoOffice is that it only has 2 developers, or something like that!
    NeoOffice is the Mac port of OpenOffice.org (to give it its full name), so NeoOffice actually has as many developers as are working on OOo, plus two who integrate it with the Mac's native UI.

Comment

Off to the Mac shop in Southampton tomorrow for a chat about it all. I'm hoping their "Genius" knows more than the numpties at PC Worls intentional

Comment

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
        Off to the Mac shop in Southampton tomorrow for a chat about it all. I'm hoping their "Genius" knows more than the numpties at PC Worls intentional
        Any result?

Comment

The Apple shops usually have at least one person that we could call a "super user", and who has the ability to answer most of your questions, unlike PC Woerld, where the advisors can only just walk and chew gum at the same time!!
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Sorry, never got back to let you all know the result.

I bought a 20" I MAC, as the 24 would not fit in the space I had linned up.

I found it to be a good, shopping experience - the guy I dealt with went through all my concerns, showed me examples for my questions, let me play with it. Didn't oversell let me save docs and slides and spreadsheets import to a windows laptop, all sorts of helpful. Spent an hour with me.

I also bought the wireless hard drive at the same time, which didn't work, and when I took it back there was no quibble, and they refunded the full amount to a gift card.

I've been using the thing for a couple of weeks, including working from home on docs and sending them back and forth and logging remotely onto client co systems with Safari and found everything to be fine and dandy

I have been a happy little Hypno

Comment

I found it to be a good, shopping experience - the guy I dealt with went through all my concerns, showed me examples for my questions, let me play with it. Didn't oversell let me save docs and slides and spreadsheets import to a windows laptop, all sorts of helpful. Spent an hour with me.

I also bought the wireless hard drive at the same time, which didn't work, and when I took it back there was no quibble, and they refunded the full amount to a gift card.
              I've been using the thing for a couple of weeks, including working from home on docs and sending them back and forth and logging remotely onto client co systems with Safari and found everything to be fine and dandy

Personally I hate it when they do this and insist on the cash.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Once you switch to Mac you'll never look back...

Just lets hope the rest don't crack...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well done! After about a year I think I have mac versions of all the Windows apps I need to use. Can't go wrong with NeoOffice, great product and I find handles MS Office files better than MS Office 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                    Personally I hate it when they do this and insist on the cash.
                    They offered to stick it back on the Amex, but I fancied the idea of a gift card as at some point I'm going to treat myself with a new Ipod and I'll have already paid for it - silly I know

Comment

Working...
                    X