• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Complete removal of Pc_Cillin Antivirus!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete removal of Pc_Cillin Antivirus!!!!

Hi there all,

Do not know if any one has had so much problem removing this from a win XP systerm. I have tried so hard to remove this hidden application from my machine but to no avail been in registry and the systerm32. This application is preventing any other ANTIVIRUS APPLICATION from being installed as it keepts promting that this programmed needs to be unintalled first before any other installation of any ANTIVIRUS Tool. But I can not find it anywhere to remove it. Have looked on google and seems few other poeple have had this problem but no much solution on how to deal with it. The hidden worm as it has to be is called PC_CILLIN some stupid name that is. HELP any one it is driving me crasy as I do not even know how it got there.

thanks all.

Try the uninstaller on CCleaner. Never failed me yet...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

if all else fails - get a Mac
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

otherwise now's your chance to learn how to reformat your drive and install XP (again...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How to Uninstall PC-cillin 2002, 2003 when the uninstall feature does not work

Description:

Uninstalling PC-cillin 2002, 2003 and Trend Micro Internet Security PC-cillin 2004 when the uninstall feature does not work.

Solution:

1. Extract the file PCCTool.exe onto your Desktop
          2. Double click on PCCTool.exe
          3. Option (B) Uninstall: choose the version of PC-cillin you wish to uninstall (if you have installed more than one version, restart your PC, then uninstall the different version)
          Got that from here-

http://www.support.antivirus.co.uk/t...d=2530&appId=1
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
          X