• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photoshop, wide-screen monitor and aspect ratios.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop, wide-screen monitor and aspect ratios.

Mr C isn't happy as I've change my old CRT for a lovely Samsung SyncMaster 940BW (wide screen).

He is now complaining that he see short, fat people but prints out long, tall people (amongst other things).

Can anyone photographically/photoshop inclined give me a few pointers on how he can view 'normal' ratio photos on a wide-screen monitor?

Ta..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Isn't this just a question of selection the screen resolution with the appropriate 16 x 10 aspect ratio?

My iMac widescreen is running at 1680 x 1050.

Comment

Hallo Gorgeous!

I knew you'd come to my aid.

I know sud all about this kind of thing.

I just plugged it in, it found a driver on my machine and off it went. I like it as I don't have to scroll web sites, but Mr C isn't do impressed...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

The biggest resolution I can get is 1440 x 900.

I might have a look at the Samsung website and get the proper driver for it...

Comment

Careful! The wife is watching.

940BW Driver

Should have bought a Mac!

Comment

Ah..

Hallo Mrs OH!

Ooh - I've set it to 1440 x900 and it looks much better!

Comment

I have just checked the spec on the 940 and I think 1440 x 900 might be the highest resolution possible.

Comment

Actually I'm buying a macbook pro in the New Year.

I'm struggling with the extra 1k spend for a pro though...

Comment

I've not researched the Mac laptops recently but I have always thought that a standard Macbook would probably be adequate for work related stuff.

I've not bought a high end Mac for a while now and I have always been more than pleased with the lower spec models that I have chosen.
                  Last edited by OrangeHopper; 24 December 2007, 10:52.

Comment

I think you've saved me a grand!

I'll spend a bit extra for 2-3gb of ram though, obv...

Comment

Working...
                    X