• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Service desk software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service desk software

Does anyone know of a free web based help/service desk call logging/scheduling software resource.

Assuming you are able to host it yourself, then this is a good basic one that I've used in the past:

http://www.liberum.org/

Rob

Comment

sharepoint?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I seem to remember one called Track-IT, used to be free(ish).

Comment

Microsoft do a template over on Access database, and I think I've seen one over in SourceForge.net
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I always hear good things about Request Tracker, though have never used it as an admin myself.

I have used Trac several times, the combination of a Wiki and Ticketing system makes it a powerful tool imho. Also check out Trac Hacks for a bunch of cool (and essential) ad-ons and mods.
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Thanks to all for the recommendations - some further research is in order, me thinks.

Comment

You might like to have a look at:

http://www.kaseya.com/

Ive used this in the past - it did the trick.
                jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

Working...
                X