• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple Email Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiple Email Clients - a slightly different angle...

If you want a mailserver, that will collect all your POP3 emails, and hold all your outgoing SMTP mails until you connect to the net again (for your own network) then I have written a mailserver and released it for free.

It is at www.revilloc.com/mailserver

Comment

setting up multiple email accounts on Outlook XP

This is in reguards to:
      "Absolutely, and what's more you don't need to spawn several copies of Outlook to do it.

Using rules, you can separate the incoming emails from each account into their own respective "inbox" folders - or even better, categories them according to subject, sender or your own headings.

Of course, check out Mark's solution too - Outlook isn't everyone's cup of tea.

But it does for me. It's (Express) a reasonable news reader too.

RobAnt
      I've come over all shy!"

Could someone please explain step by step how to setup multiple email accounts on Outlook? I am a webmaster and have 5 different email accounts associated with my website. I set up Outlook XP with all 5 accounts but when I click on send/receive, all the messages are downloaded into just 1 inbox. Could some one please show me how to have each different email accounts email go into its own seperate "inbox" so I can have them neatly orginized? I would appreciate any and all help. I have been racking my brain for the last 5 hours trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance for all the help. You can contact me at [email protected]

Comment

This is in reguards to:
        "Absolutely, and what's more you don't need to spawn several copies of Outlook to do it.

Using rules, you can separate the incoming emails from each account into their own respective "inbox" folders - or even better, categories them according to subject, sender or your own headings.

RobAnt
        I've come over all shy!"

Could someone please explain step by step how to setup multiple email accounts on Outlook? I am a webmaster and have 5 different email accounts associated with my website. I set up Outlook XP with all 5 accounts but when I click on send/receive, all the messages are downloaded into just 1 inbox. Could some one please show me how to have each different email accounts email go into its own seperate "inbox" so I can have them neatly orginized? I would appreciate any and all help. I have been racking my brain for the last 5 hours trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance for all the help. You can contact me at [email protected]

Comment

This is in reguards to:

RobAnt
          I've come over all shy!"

Comment

Re: setting up multiple email accounts on Outlook XP

im sorry guys for the multiple postings. Each time i tried to submit it, the page went blank and I did not know it posted. Sorry again.

Comment

Re: setting up multiple email accounts on Outlook XP

I'm not sure if this is the most effective way, but it's how I do it and works fine...

Open Outlook

Create the inboxes that you want

Select Rules Wizard from the Tools Menu

Click New...

Select 'Start from a Blank Rule'

Select 'Check Messages when they arrive'

Click Next

Check the 'Sent to People or Distribution List' box

In the bottom half of the screen click on the underlined link. This will open your contacts folder. If the email addresses you want to use aren't there, add them using the 'New' button.

Select the address you want and click OK

Click Next

Check the 'Move it to the specified folder' box

In the bottom half of the screen click on the underlined 'specified' link. This will open a folder tree. Select the one you want and click OK.

Click Next. Add any exceptions if you want to...

Click Next. Enter a name for the rule (I use the Email address I've set up the rule for)

Check run the rule now if you want to..
              Click Finish.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Working...
              X