• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XP pro or home ?

Sorry Rob. Am I benig thick. WWhat do yu mean by in house services. Do you have to pay more to have email? Surely not

Comment

Yes, you have to pay extra for a standard email account - or use one of those spam infested services, like talk21. I couldn't find a service that allowed you to use an proper email client that you didn't have to pay for via their customer website.

By in=house services, I mean webspace, email, fixed or dynamic IP allocation, spam/virus filtering, etc., etc., BT aren't very good when it comes to these value added services imho.

Most others provide these at no extra charge and/or without added spam!

Comment

talk21 is about to go to webmail unless you pay £1-50/month to get POP3.

Comment

My point exactly, although I always thought it was webmail. Do you mean webmail only? I didn't realise you could pop it.

Comment

Apparently it started out as webmail, then POP3 was added.

From Feb, the POP3 bit will only work if you pay for the enhanced version.

Since I have other POP3 email accounts, talk21 can stay as webmail.

You can't open a new talk21 account anyway.

It's been replaced by btopenworld.

Which is the same thing with a different name.

Comment

Working...
            X