• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reskilling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reskilling

For a Business Analyst in the Public Sector, What are the best certifications / skills to acquire ?
    Seems like the market is drying up.

Bricklaying seems to be paying quite well, no crawling around floors like an electrician or plumber. Housebuilders seem to be flexible on apprenticeships these days.

Depends on local or national PS, lots of BOS BA have been replaced from overseas on FTC.

Comment

Originally posted by randomname View Post
      For a Business Analyst in the Public Sector, What are the best certifications / skills to acquire ?
      Seems like the market is drying up.
      Public sector is a rather broad brush including central government, local government, NHS and education which can be quite different.

Based on my experience in local government and managing a lot of hiring during the pandemic including BAs, I'd say anything to do with transformation of front office/customer experience and service design, particularly using automation is a good bet. Agile too.

No doubt 'AI' based solutions is likely to be a good area to get into longer term though I'm not sure how much current demand there is just now.

A lot of people have mentioned MS Dynamics and SAP skills are in demand; a lot of public sector organisations use these.

Are you able to transfer your skills to the private sector? That would open up more opportunities too.

Comment

If you are a BA in PS then it's not a matter of re-skilling it more just skilling up. Learn to be a proper BA, move in to the private sector and be more than a glorified admin person.

If you really are talking about dropping BA and doing something else then certificates arent going to cut it if you want to stay contracting. Clients pay for your skills and experience. Why would they pay a random bod to do a job they can't do. If you want to re-skill just go perm in whatever discipline you want to pursue.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agile Service Manager (but you’re a couple of years too late with that tbh, had I been younger I would have gone for that qualification 3 years ago).
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X