• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printer recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also got an Epson EcoTank. I found if you leave it for any length of time without printing the nozzles clog up and you have to do a 'power clean'.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
      Also got an Epson EcoTank. I found if you leave it for any length of time without printing the nozzles clog up and you have to do a 'power clean'.
      Bit of a pain. One of the reasons I switched from my old Brother printer to an eco tanks style was to reduce printing costs. My teenage daughter in particular did a fair amount of colour printing for schoolwork. But usage has tailed off as she finished last month and my wife also seems to print less so my payback period for the extra upfront cost has increased somewhat.

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

Roughly how long before it clogs up?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          My teenage daughter in particular did a fair amount of colour printing for schoolwork.
          Do the school not offer colour printing? Or is it a cheaper/convenient to do it at home?

I've been racking my brain as to when I last ever needed colour printing.

I'm in the laser camp. I can go weeks if not months without printing anything and it still works like a charm. Whereas it almost felt like inkjet printers were single use items.

Comment

My Canon can get clogged due to lack of use, but it's easy enough to take out the print head for a bit of a scrub... a "power clean" in the printer sounds awfully expensive in ink.
            Last edited by wattaj; 9 June 2023, 12:58. Reason: Speillng.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Do the school not offer colour printing? Or is it a cheaper/convenient to do it at home?

I've been racking my brain as to when I last ever needed colour printing.

I'm in the laser camp. I can go weeks if not months without printing anything and it still works like a charm. Whereas it almost felt like inkjet printers were single use items.
              I'm with you. Our usage is horribly variable from the odd sheet of A4 every other week to a bulk run of B&W or, more often, colour stuff (the joys of Am Dram!). The Brother laser just works, unlike several of my previous inkjets. It's also a damn sight quicker!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Bet that's your usual line on a night out as well.
                Please tell me I didn't try that line on you......
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Please tell me I didn't try that line on you......
                  It's the most successful thing he ever picked up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good to know, thanks.

Roughly how long before it clogs up?
                    A couple of months. I was thinking it didn't use any ink doing the power clean because it didn't need any paper. Found out the ink goes into a waste tank.

Comment

...Found out the ink goes into a waste tank.
                      Yup, same with my Canon. I found that I could take the printer head out and wash it. You might find the same. Saves a fortune in wasted ink.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X