• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car ODB2 scanner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought MB had calmed down quite a lot after they came back to Blighty.

Some of the nonsense in septicland was quite irritating.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

£40 scanner has probably paid for itself. Used it to read the fault code causing the engine warning light to come on. A bit of googling pointed to it being most likely a failing fuel pump control module. Picked one up second hand on eBay for £15; less than 20 mins to swap out the old one and use the scanner to clear down the fault code. Job done.

I suspect it might have cost a bit more at an Audi dealer!

PS. I'm not sure I'd have risked driving 80 miles to the airport, to catch a flight, if I'd known what the actual problem was.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
      X