• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google MFA Without Mobile Device

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I refuse to believe that there isn't a solution to this problem.

You're not the only contractor to lose his phone down a toilet...
    Well I have ordered a new handy but it will not arrive until tomorrow.

I can still perform development work locally but I cannot access any systems. I have presented my situation to the clients and I am hoping they will be understanding and pay me for these 2 days as I am working on some critical updates for them but I cannot run the app as I cannot establish comms with the down stream services and I have been unable to attend any zoom meetings at which I am required.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post

No this isn't possible with sign in to corprate portal. You have to only enter goggle authenticator code there is no other option
      Interesting, my client allows back up options to recover access. Have you contacted their service desk? There will be a procedure for all users who need access.

How do you expect to be able to sync a new installation of Google Authenticator to your account?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Interesting, my client allows back up options to recover access. Have you contacted their service desk? There will be a procedure for all users who need access.

How do you expect to be able to sync a new installation of Google Authenticator to your account?
        Service desk is only avalable on internal email and I need 2FA to access my email

Comment

Service desk is only avalable on internal email and I need 2FA to access my email
          Now I'm definitely calling bull on that one. I literally do not believe that the ONLY way to contact a service desk in a modern company is to email. This is probably the access route which has been phased out the most over the years in favour of self-service portals and phone calls for the inevitable post holiday "I forgot my password" ticket.

As mentioned on another thread, where you've taken over a chat about the weekend, you're really making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Now I'm definitely calling bull on that one. I literally do not believe that the ONLY way to contact a service desk in a modern company is to email. This is probably the access route which has been phased out the most over the years in favour of self-service portals and phone calls for the inevitable post holiday "I forgot my password" ticket.

As mentioned on another thread, where you've taken over a chat about the weekend, you're really making a mountain out of a molehill here.
            I can assure you this this is the case. There is no telephone support. We have a distributed team in many countries across the world and there is no pont of contact method by phone.

Comment

I can assure you this this is the case. There is no telephone support. We have a distributed team in many countries across the world and there is no pont of contact method by phone.
              and also this was not me who turned weeken thread into technical discussion. I am only mentioning that i broke my phone on a slide at wicksteed kettering and then others jumped on the conversation
              Last edited by Baddish; 4 July 2022, 13:49.

Comment

Is it just me or is it getting innerestingly FOGgy in here?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have been unable to attend any zoom meetings at which I am required.
                  That's not true.
                  You mentioned you have an iPad, you can join zoom meetings on it.

You've chosen not to, because that was easier than using technology to solve your human-caused problem.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

That's not true.
                    You mentioned you have an iPad, you can join zoom meetings on it.

You've chosen not to, because that was easier than using technology to solve your human-caused problem.
                    No, you are not correct again.

I have to join from the zoom app in the company portal and to access this I need to authenticate.

Please stop accusing me of being lazi when you do not know the complete picture please, it is not polite.

Comment

No, you are not correct again.

I have to join from the zoom app in the company portal and to access this I need to authenticate.

Please stop accusing me of being lazi when you do not know the complete picture please, it is not polite.
                      Could you not just have nipped out to the Carphone Whorehouse (or Cash Converters) and bought a SIM free phone, and battered your existing SIM into it ? Problem solved, in 30 mins max.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X