• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estimated Reading Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated Reading Time

On some websites (Linkedin I know has used it) there is a little automated widget that says: "Estimated Reading Time x minutes"
    Does anyone know if such a beast exists for Word Documents and where humble old me might be able to put their hands on it please?
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

No, but the word count is right there (bottom left) and you can assume a reading speed of, say, 193 words per minute (depending on the nature of the content, I suppose).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      No, but the word count is right there (bottom left) and you can assume a reading speed of, say, 193 words per minute (depending on the nature of the content, I suppose).
      That's a good shout for a manual solution that would work and is not over onerous.

Thank you kind Sir
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

You may look into the implementation on the kindle paper weight - they are doing time left in book/chapter by percentage as well as time in hours and minutes. I don't know how open source this is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post
          You may look into the implementation on the kindle paper weight - they are doing time left in book/chapter by percentage as well as time in hours and minutes. I don't know how open source this is though.
          Probably wouldn't be that portable to Microsoft Word. I went with the solution above yesterday and its not over onerous so will just continue with that for now
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

An ideal solution would adapt to your reading speed but you can probably read a few pages and decide your own speed and it'll be good enough.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X