• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharing a Route to Google Maps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baddish View Post
    It is my opinion that there should be a way to save the rote as a gpx and for my freind to upload to maps on her handy but I can't find the functionality for this. I can share the place names but they are in Welsh and very long so prone to error when she is typing them in as she is a non native English speaker. I suppose this will have to be the solution.

Try using another tool. You can route using this website and export to GPX:

https://onthegomap.com

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Try using another tool. You can route using this website and export to GPX:

https://onthegomap.com
      Thankyou.

This could also be a good solution for navigation on a 2 wheeler as well

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post
        on her handy
        Have you worked a lot in Germany? I know the German nickname for a mobile phone is ein Handy, so I was just wondering. In UK English "a handy" could mean something quite different...

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
          Have you worked a lot in Germany? I know the German nickname for a mobile phone is ein Handy, so I was just wondering. In UK English "a handy" could mean something quite different...
          Yes that is correct, I was working for a company in the Saarland before coming to Great Britain

Comment

Working...
          X