• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yubikey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yubikey

Who uses a Yubikey and how do you find them over say something like a password manager (Bitwarden in my case).

I always thought of them as gimmicky but seems they are now more mainstream with more providers offering support for them
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Who uses a Yubikey and how do you find them over say something like a password manager (Bitwarden in my case).

I always thought of them as gimmicky but seems they are now more mainstream with more providers offering support for them
    Unless I'm missing something it doesn't replace bitwarden or other password manager it provides a hardware version of Google Authenticator / Windows authenticator I have on my phone or Windows Hello....

Will probably look at implementing them as part of the thing I'm working on as there is no such thing as too much security provided its painless.

But the thing it best replaces is phone number based 2fa - which really needs to go because it's a risk too far...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I use one at my current client, they seem to work OK.

Funniest thing is that the head of security who issued it to me thinks that the button on the Yubikey is a finger-print reader... I haven't the heart to tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
        I use one at my current client, they seem to work OK.

Funniest thing is that the head of security who issued it to me thinks that the button on the Yubikey is a finger-print reader... I haven't the heart to tell him.
        If that's the case then mail him telling him it isn't but put the 'Anonymous' in the subject line he'll not know it's you
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post

Mine is. https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-bio-series/

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Pretty nifty. The ones we use aren't those type. Still, they seem to work OK.

Comment

Working...
            X