• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Replacing the SDD when it has the OS on it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with hobnob's last suggestion. Just nuke it and start again.
    If anything is too hard to setup again then you should question why you are using it.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I just did an update to my desktop which had Windows 7 Home as it was taking forever to boot and updates didn't go through.

1. Added an SSD 1TB as an additional disk (as SSD is much smaller I had to use an Internal Hard drive mounting kit )
      2. Installed Windows 10 using an USB

During the process it asked if existing Apps and files to be moved to the new OS. But said that Microsoft Office cannot be moved and it had to be re-installed. If Microsoft cannot move its own product to its new OS then you may likely to encounter issues with other Apps/Softwares.

Therefore, a trouble free approach is to Install new OS, Re-install Apps/Softwares and copy/move files.

Comment

Working...
      X