• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battery jump starters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Deducing that the reason a battery drops voltage under load is due to internal resistance
    Same for any voltage source, even the National Grid! Otherwise, you could get nearly infinite current.

I=V/R; 12.6/≈0=≈∞
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      I remember doing a practical at Uni, where you had to design an op-amp circuit. Once you'd calculated the required component values, you went and collected them from the stores technician. One guy couldn't understand the bemused look on the technician's face when he asked for a several Farad capacitor.
      I had a 1 Farad capacitor in stock.

I used it to frighten people.

A bit like the 1000:1 scope probe.

Many years ago a colleague told me that he'd requested a 741 opamp from the uni stores & was puzzled that it wasn't triangular like the symbol on the circuit diagram.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
      X