• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online linear programming calculator for min size/volume

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online linear programming calculator for min size/volume

Hi. Looking to order a bespoke cushion bag for the patio furniture and trying to find an online calculator that will allow me to work out the min size requirements.

So, I have the following cushions (sizes in cm):

Qty 6: 64 x 64 x 13
    Qty 6: 64 x 40 x 19
    Qty 1: 48 x 40 x 19
    Qty 3: 48 x 48 x 8

Any idea on the size I'd need to order to ensure all cushions best fit to minimize volume and size?

thanks

One size bigger than next door. HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's the theoretical minimum size, based on the total volume. And then there's the tetris minimum size, based on best fit. And finally there's the practical minimum size - the one where you don't have to label each cushion with a number and have a detailed 3D map to show how they stack.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Years ago I used to solve this kind of thing with Microsoft Solver and a bit of code :-)

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...icrosoft-Solve
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Your problem is a constrained optimisation one, try Wolfram https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...RcbNXZdNpU_Z2K

Comment

Yoof of today solution, order 20 of every size, try them all out and return the ones you don't need

Comment

Working...
            X