• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webpages not resolving properly from time to time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webpages not resolving properly from time to time

Odd situation but every so often when I open a webpage it has all the text on the left but the layout isn't there and no images. A refresh fixes the situation and then it doesn't happen forawhile. Any reason why it might be doing this?

Another odd thing is for the past week my internet has been dropping for no reason. Just for a minute. I wait refresh and it's back on. I can't see how these could be connected. When it's on it works fine so can't see why that would cause random webpage layout issues.

Broadband speed is 60M/20M so good there. CPU/Mem/Disk are 20%/66%/10% and I've currently got Warcraft running as well as 15 Chrome instances according to task manager so resources appear fine.

Anyone any thoughts?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Weird behavior is often related to plugins/extensions/add-ons, so I would try turning them off, one-by-one, although you say it's intermittent so not easily reproducible.

Comment

Last time I had this issue - a couple of months back the only fix was a reinstall of windows.

its the age old answer factory reset and start again
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Usually this means the web page is using a content delivery network or CDN to deliver images and style sheets. Often there can be issues with the CDN and caching on the website.

This is assuming you have tried what others have suggested, disable plugins and try different browsers to see if this fixes it.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
        X