• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any recommendations for a PAYG online payment gateway?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for a PAYG online payment gateway?

Want to get shot of an old Worldpay Select Junior account as sales not worth the fee anymore. All the payment methods I've looked at seem very similar in how they work but maybe some are easier to set up than others. Any suggestions?

I use Paypal on the site but maybe some less savvy purchasers are not aware you can pay by card with Paypal without having an account, so would like an obvious card handling system too.

PS Yeh, as a lazy old Git I've looked at GitHub.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Are things like SquareUp.com and SumUp.co.uk any good? I've seen a lot of small independents use them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Are things like SquareUp.com and SumUp.co.uk any good? I've seen a lot of small independents use them.
      For their websites?

Stripe is the usual go to for websites - should be easy to replace world pay with it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

For their websites?

Stripe is the usual go to for websites - should be easy to replace world pay with it
        I forgot about Stripe. Good call.

I think the ones I mentioned were more for physical card payments.

Comment

Cheers. Had a look at Stripe, all looks bleedin' complicated, at least until found what seems to be an easy example here.

https://www.phpzag.com/stripe-paymen...ration-in-php/

Might have a bash on Monday.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The documentation certainly looks a lot better than Worldpay PAYG.
            bloggoth

Comment

Some testing to do before I go live but seems to be working and generally Stripe seems a lot easier to set up than other things I've tried.

Using Checkout rather than gateway as this uses Stripe's own page to take card info. rather than a pop up on my own page. Think customers will feel safer with that on a small site.
              bloggoth

Comment

Working...
              X