• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSON Training/Self Teaching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSON Training/Self Teaching

Hi All
    Can anyone recommend a good site to learn about JSON.
    For context, I am not a dev but have starting using PowerAutomate a lot recently and I know there is more you can with is using JSON code.

The extent of my coding knowledge is basic VBA within Microsoft Excel (from GCSE IT a long time ago) so would be starting at beginner level.

Is this something you can self teach or would it be better going on a course?

Thanks
    MU

JSON isn't really code.
    It's like XML. Just another sodding replacement for text config files.

You can copy/paste JSON between different Power Automate apps.

Or use it to automate logic app deployments, but that's more devops than coding.

JSON - Wikipedia

A quick Google would have told you that though. As it would help you identify learning sites.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There isn't much to learn / understand in JSON. Couple of youtube videos would sort you out. Alternatively, you can download and read

"Introduction to JavaScript Object Notation: A To-the-Point Guide to JSON"

Comment

How to Parse JSON in Microsoft Power Automate — Encodian has an overview of what you can do.

But the advice will be split over a number of blog posts because it's not really an area where MS has great documentation
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          it's an area where MS documentation is completely sh1te
          FTFY

MS seem to expect the community to document their new tech for them
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X