• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd-party equivalent to AppleCare?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They only offer a reduced subset of current Apple products though. And I don't have a mate there who can get a discount.
    my point is you are swapping 3 year warranty for 1 given that Durham is a Stormfront store (and just about the only remaining shop on silver street).

Yeah, we have one of those fake-Apple stores (Stormfront?) in Durham city but I think they are authorised.
    Thing is, the refurb machine I'm looking at is marked down about £250, if I was buying brand new I'd get a 2-year warranty(?) and not bother with AC so it seems a bit pointless.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Had a battery expanding problem on a macbook pro last year (one of the first touchbar ones), no apple care. Apple charged £199 inc VAT to replace it.

Accidental damage has always been covered under my buisnesss insurance (somthing like 20 quid a year for 10k equipment cover including 5k portable computers),but I've never had to claim on that so YMMV...
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Insurance being a gamble your device has an expensive problem, I've decided not to take the bet.
        An immoral person could imagine that if it fails in a non-fixable way outside the warranty, it might happen to get dropped down the stairs and be covered on their household policy...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Anyway now I have a nice shiny 27" Retina iMac. CUK has never looked so good.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X