• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New laptop recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Okay for light developer work. Need 190 cores and 40TB RAM for real developers.
    ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      One left in stock.

Dell Precision 15 5550 Mobile Workstation

https://www.europc.co.uk/dell-precis...gaAiRIEALw_wcB
      • English UK (QWERTY) Keyboard
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Intel Core i7-10750H (6 Core), 2.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Turbo)
      • 64 GB (2 x 32 GB), DDR 4, 3200 MHz Ram
      • 2x 1 TB Solid State Drive (M.2 SSD)
      • 15.6 inch 1920 x 1200 WUXGA, Ultrasharp, IGZO4, Anti-Glare
      • 4GB NVIDIA Quadro T2000 Max-Q

£2,219.99 inc VAT

Okay for light developer work. Need 32 cores and 256GB RAM for real developers.
      Their prices are expensive compared to Dell outlet....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I second the Dell XP13.
        Great bit of kit. I am not a dev so not sure if it meets the needs.
        I went to the client I was working for at the time, and asked their supplier as a dell partner if they could get a decent deal and then order it through my ltd.
        Managed to get a good deal with it that way.

Comment

Bought my third Thinkpad T480s in January (after owning T420s and the T450s) I love them. Went for slightly older model as this is the last Thinkpad that can be user upgraded (according to the general consensus on the forums anyway).

This one has 16GB RAM core i5, 128 SSD OS boot + 512 SDD for other files; does everything I need it for. £680 notes and £800 all in with the Thinkpad dock from ebuyer. I am too tight fisted to pay over 1500 for a laptop.

Got it from eBay, however understand there is a lot of risk with that but fingers crossed I was lucky. Only downside is the US keyboard but I use my Das mechanical keyboard most of the time.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
          X