• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheet-fed Document Scanners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Why don't you hunt for an old all in one printer - it may be big but the Officejet 8620 that sits in the garage can scan 50 double-sided pages at a time to pdf on either a memory stick or to a folder on your computer.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Thanks for all your input .

I hadn't considered outsourcing TBH but having had a look it seems typically 10p per page for lower quantities which is probably still going to come out over 100 quid. I seriously considering one of the sub £200 scanners (probably this one https://www.ebuyer.com/455468-panaso...er-kv-s1015c-u) as it will likely come in useful in the future anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Thought you broke that one sitting on it the other year?
    FONLUK

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've got a Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 that owes Jesus a tenner but the damn thing simply just works. Recently had to replace a few of the pick up rollers which was (a) a doddle to do and (b) wasn't difficult or expensive to obtain. I think it cost me about £250 back in early XP days.
    Thought you broke that one sitting on it the other year?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've got a Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 that owes Jesus a tenner but the damn thing simply just works. Recently had to replace a few of the pick up rollers which was (a) a doddle to do and (b) wasn't difficult or expensive to obtain. I think it cost me about £250 back in early XP days.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    outsource it.
    document scanning services uk - Google Search

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    How much do you have to do? £400 to buy something just for scanning old notes seems very expensive unless you see it has a longer term use.

If it's just for the notes and probably won't need it could you not find a library or something that has a big one and cross their palms for the time?

Or keep them until after March and use the clients kit when you get back in the office?

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    started a topic Sheet-fed Document Scanners

Sheet-fed Document Scanners

Recommendations for a sheet-fed document scanner?

Basically I want to scan all my notes from uni so I can chuck the hard copies*. Seems I need a DADF sheet feeder type for faster scanning of two-sided docs but otherwise my research shows a plethora of possible models.

Probably going to have limited used after I've scanned all my notes so high-end models would seem overkill. Key requirements would seem to include the ability to handle at least 20+ sheets at a time with a decent feed mechanism to minimise multiple sheets going though at once.

Seen a couple under £200 but the majority (excluding high-end) seem to sit up around £400.

Anyone have any experience / recommendations?

1. yes I'm old enough that all my notes were hand-written
    2. I'll probably never ever use anything from these but sentimentality prevents me from just chucking them without making copies.
    Last edited by Dark Black; 1 March 2021, 14:10.

Working...
X