• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duplicate photo app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate photo app

So you back up your photos and then back them up again. And again.

Another frivolous lockdown task but I've put it off for long enough. I have found you can use/buy an App that will locate the duplication photos and remove them. Has anyone done this, and what were your findings?

Currenty trying out Duplicate Cleaner from the Microsoft Store that is free.

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

CCleaner has a duplicate file finder as part of its wider offering.

I'm assuming your files are backed up locally and not somewhere cloudy?

Comment

Some of them are in t'Cloud and the rest are on a half dozen external backup drives. Every 6 months I run a full backup of everything, but this has caused duplicates, mainly for the photos.

I've used CCleaner in the past, it was a nightmare to remove and I got contestant ads to upgrade/buy more features.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Some of them are in t'Cloud and the rest are on a half dozen external backup drives. Every 6 months I run a full backup of everything, but this has caused duplicates, mainly for the photos.

I've used CCleaner in the past, it was a nightmare to remove and I got contestant ads to upgrade/buy more features.

qh
        Never had an issue with it, that's odd.

There's this, although a recommendation from BT may not be worth anything...
        How to find and remove duplicate files and photos on your PC | BT

Comment

Dupe Guru is simply awesome (and Free). Used the Mac version and its pretty good.
          https://dupeguru.voltaicideas.net/

Not only match the same but also similar photos that are binary different but very similar.
          You can set reference folders and it will lit dupes - then you can select and decide what to do; delete, move etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eatmyshorts View Post
            Dupe Guru is simply awesome (and Free). Used the Mac version and its pretty good.
            https://dupeguru.voltaicideas.net/

Not only match the same but also similar photos that are binary different but very similar.
            You can set reference folders and it will lit dupes - then you can select and decide what to do; delete, move etc.
            Fuzzy matching thats what I was thinking.

Comment

I found anti-twin to be very good.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X