• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd jscript problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this a few times recently on one of my Amazon bots (everything is there when you look at the html but it doesn't exist).

To fix it I've taken to using document.getElementsByClassName("info")[0].innerHTML=""; to fix it with and using the classNames of the element which means your div will need to be

<div id="info" class="info"></div>

equally though a better approach would be

var info=document.getElementById("info");
    if (info===null){
    info=
    document.getElementsByClassName("info")[0];
    }
    if (info!==null){
    info.innerHTML="";
    }
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cheers eek have a go at that when I 've fixed me curtain rods. Ever had a clue why just one element should not exist and only sometimes? Evil spirits!

Edit
      Ah. No didn't fix it but ta anyway eek.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 23 December 2020, 15:05.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

IDIOT!

Bah. Elsewhere in a tool tip function I was setting innerHTML of the container div to "". Sometimes after refresh I would move the mouse over the tool and trigger it.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 23 December 2020, 17:40.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Bah. Elsewhere in a tool tip function I was setting innerHTML of the container div to "". Sometimes after refresh I would move the mouse over the tool and trigger it.
          PICNIC

Comment

PICNIC
            Eh??
            bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Eh??
              PICNIC - Wiktionary

Comment

Could you possibly have additional elements using the same ID name on the DOM at the time?

Comment

Could you possibly have additional elements using the same ID name on the DOM at the time?
                  Don't think so. Think it's all solved now as I said. Initially I used a single box to show tips and details for pins/tracks. Then modified the box to include images relating to pins forgetting I'd used it for the tips.

Names can be a problem. Once lazily used names x and y for position in some interactive games, only for them to stop working in Chrome when Google added undocumented properties x and y.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 24 December 2020, 16:54.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Yeh. I'm an incompetent old fart.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X