• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a new tellybox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    About as good as you will find in that size (I will probably end up with the same size when the current TV "dies" later this year).

Although LG 49NANO866NA | 49 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart NanoCell LED TV | Richer Sounds is supposedly a great TV if you've got the extra space.
    Last edited by eek; 1 September 2020, 07:41.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I looked into this when we upgraded a few months ago. It appears all OLED screens are manufactured by LG. Samsung QLED are still back light LEDs. Personally I think OLED are much better than LED/LCD TV's.

For sub 50" and something that will be compatible with the new XBox this is touted to be the TV of choice. LG OLED48CX6LB.

Netflix UHD and UHD Movies with a ATMOS compatible sound system have kept us going through lock down.

This is what I bought: lg oled55b9pla.
      Last edited by BlueSharp; 1 September 2020, 11:37.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Worry about the picture and get a decent soundbar to go with it.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

55".

Stone me.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Worry about the picture and get a decent soundbar to go with it.
            I have a soundbar I bought middle of last year so this is pretty much the last bit of kit that needs updating.

Comment

Medion 50” Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR - ALDI UK

Much cheapness
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Not really built to a price so lowest quality components - and as I posted a lot of posts ago when you are buying a TV the more expensive the TV the better the screen (as everything else is the same within reason).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

At the present moment, OLED is the most advanced technology. The difference between QLED & OLED pricing, amortised over the life of the telly is insignificant. Buy the best you can afford.

I have not seen any OLED's which are not "Smart"
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    At the present moment, OLED is the most advanced technology. The difference between QLED & OLED pricing, amortised over the life of the telly is insignificant. Buy the best you can afford.

I have not seen any OLED's which are not "Smart"
                    We jumped From a 10 year old Sony Bravia 42" LED, to 55" inch LG OLED. The difference is incredible.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      I looked into this when we upgraded a few months ago. It appears all OLED screens are manufactured by LG. Samsung QLED are still back light LEDs. Personally I think OLED are much better than LED/LCD TV's.

For sub 50" and something that will be compatible with the new XBox this is touted to be the TV of choice. LG OLED48CX6LB.

Netflix UHD and UHD Movies with a ATMOS compatible sound system have kept us going through lock down.

This is what I bought: lg oled55b9pla.
                      LG OLED55E9PLA here - good choice BS!
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X