• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Apparently Google do EarPods now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Apparently Google do EarPods now

    Pixel Buds tech specs – Google Store

    What exactly are "Voice-detecting accelerometer" and "Motion-detecting accelerometer and gyroscope"? Marketing gibberish or something genuinely clever and useful?

    They look a bit naff IMO.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

    #2
    The app for them has been on my pixel phone for ages and can't be removed.

    Comment


      #3
      I'll stick with my Sony WF-1000XM3.
      I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
      Hands... out infractions
      Face... the music
      Space... between the ears

      Comment


        #4
        They even put the price in small print.

        £179

        At least they throw in free delivery.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The app for them has been on my pixel phone for ages and can't be removed.
          What does the app do, and why do they need a special app?

          Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          They even put the price in small print.

          £179

          At least they throw in free delivery.
          I remember when Google used to sell cheap - now they want to be a premium brand. At that price why not go for a stylish brand... I've heard people who use the Apple ones a lot grudgingly admit they are wonderful.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What does the app do, and why do they need a special app?
            Absolutely no idea. It's not in the application list, hidden or otherwise, but does show up in Play Store bitching about being updated. I've turned off auto updates for it as that's all I can do. Gave it a 1 star review with the reason that I don't use the product and can't uninstall an app I never (knowingly) installed.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Absolutely no idea. It's not in the application list, hidden or otherwise, but does show up in Play Store bitching about being updated. I've turned off auto updates for it as that's all I can do. Gave it a 1 star review with the reason that I don't use the product and can't uninstall an app I never (knowingly) installed.
              Set up and manage your Pixel Buds right from your Android 6.0+ device with the Google Pixel Buds app. You can easily check your earbuds and case battery levels, and control features like Adaptive Sound, in-ear detection, find device, Google Assistant, and spoken notifications.

              Here are some of the things you can do with the Google Pixel Buds app:

              • Check battery levels
              • Learn how to use touch controls
              • Turn on/off Adaptive Sound
              • Turn on/off in-ear detection
              • Ring your earbuds to help find them
              • Control your Assistant and spoken notifications
              • Get tips & support
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

              Comment


                #8
                I reckon the main reason you would buy these earbuds is the real time language translation feature.

                Google's New Pixel Buds 2 Feature Real-Time Translation - The HelloTech Blog
                I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  I reckon the main reason you would buy these earbuds is the real time language translation feature.

                  Google's New Pixel Buds 2 Feature Real-Time Translation - The HelloTech Blog
                  They should have called them Babelfish
                  I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
                  Hands... out infractions
                  Face... the music
                  Space... between the ears

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    I reckon the main reason you would buy these earbuds is the real time language translation feature.

                    Google's New Pixel Buds 2 Feature Real-Time Translation - The HelloTech Blog

                    Handy excuse for them to analyse all your conversations then sling ads to you inbetween music tracks.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X