• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new laptops available soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    What's the other specs? USB-C? Any other inputs/outputs? What wifi standard?

As Tarbs says, if it's USB charging then really no need to include a charger. More environmentally friendly to not add another item like that (and keeps the box slim, reducing shipping costs, I suspect).

Stylus would be handy. A screen cleaning cloth might be a nice addition. A basic cover / sleeve?

I struggle to find a use for a tablet.
    I struggle to find a use for a windows based tablet - the media consumption software just isn't there and tablets are consumption devices....

And at that price court is very much into the Surface go territory.

Finally I do remember there was a company that used to be in this market sector (cheap windows based tablets) - my inability to find them tells me the market isn't there
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I deleted the post. Best you get on with your work and clean that desk.
      It was still visible and I object to it. The desk dosen't need cleaning.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Work on the desk is work not being done
        Oh its getting done alright!
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I struggle to find a use for a windows based tablet - the media consumption software just isn't there and tablets are consumption devices....

And at that price court is very much into the Surface go territory.

Finally I do remember there was a company that used to be in this market sector (cheap windows based tablets) - my inability to find them tells me the market isn't there
          I think you are thinking of Link or Linx.
          These are very good.
          I have been on Zoom calls all morning and the 10.8 device hasn't missed a beat.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            It was still visible and I object to it. The desk dosen't need cleaning.
            I dont care, move on.

Comment

What's the other specs? USB-C? Any other inputs/outputs? What wifi standard?

As Tarbs says, if it's USB charging then really no need to include a charger. More environmentally friendly to not add another item like that (and keeps the box slim, reducing shipping costs, I suspect).

Stylus would be handy. A screen cleaning cloth might be a nice addition. A basic cover / sleeve?

I struggle to find a use for a tablet.
              2 x USB-C. headphone sockets a hub will be provided. Wifi is currently 802.11ac
              I am using the one I am typing on as a bit of a replacement for my smaller Lenovo laptop and it is working very well.
              I have quite a few apps open (project, visio, word, excel, thunderbird, zoom, chrome and an internal app - a bit memory hungry!) and I am flipping between regularly and its running very sweetly indeed.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

I dont care, move on.
                I will make that decision and NOT you.
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                  I will make that decision and NOT you.
                  Strange response anyway it’s a technical forum so not getting into it with you.

Comment

Strange response anyway it’s a technical forum so not getting into it with you.
                    Well you started it with a threat you were offered a polite way out and didn't take it.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Ive had several window tablets and they are pretty crap. I have two surface books, 1 and 2. Never use them in tablet form.

I did briefly use the surface book 1 with onenote for taking notes but windows os doesnt lend itself to tablet form.

Im not your target market but if i was going to buy one a decent microfibre cloth would be a nice bonus.

Comment

Working...
                      X