• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Samsung Screen repair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Screen repair

Twenty or so years of owning mobile phones and I had never smashed a screen on any of them... until last week.

Galaxy S8. Looked at samsungrepair.com to see what price it would be to replace: £229!!! I paid that amount for the phone itself.

I will buy a new one (or a refurb).

Nothing more to add. Stay safe.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Jesus.. Listening to the tech you've got your house must look like a Currys store from the 1990's.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Jesus.. Your house must look like Currys from the 1980 what with your TV and the phones.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Twenty or so years of owning mobile phones and I had never smashed a screen on any of them... until last week.

Galaxy S8. Looked at samsungrepair.com to see what price it would be to replace: £229!!! I paid that amount for the phone itself.

Nothing more to add. Stay safe.

qh
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Samsung screen repair

Your decision to buy a new one is wise. The value of every mobile phone rapidly goes down due to the higher competition and higher production from various brands within a short period with different features. So, even if you repair your device, it becomes a loss than a profit. Anyway, it seems that you have a wide variety of device experience. My first one was Motorola Timeport 250 mobile phone.

Comment

Originally posted by amypang View Post
            Your decision to buy a new one is wise. The value of every mobile phone rapidly goes down due to the higher competition and higher production from various brands within a short period with different features. So, even if you repair your device, it becomes a loss than a profit. Anyway, it seems that you have a wide variety of device experience. My first one was Motorola Timeport 250 mobile phone.
            I bet you are a blast at parties...
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              A wise choice. I've always seem mobile phones as disposable items and would not be tempted to buy top of the range any more. I've been a fan of the cheap-as-chips Motorola/Lenovo's for a while: they provide everything that I need, have a reasonably good camera, and cost less than £150. Bargain.

I'm currently using an old G4 that flatly refuses to die and I have a newer G7 in a box upstairs waiting for when it does.

Would recommend.
              Last edited by wattaj; 15 April 2020, 08:15. Reason: Clarity.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
              X