• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Microsoft Action Pack....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Microsoft Action Pack....

    Hi All,
    Considering subscribing as I have a few windows bits and bobs to do. Does anyone know if the office 365 licenses can be used on OSX. Office 365 is web based right?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

    #2
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Hi All,
    Considering subscribing as I have a few windows bits and bobs to do. Does anyone know if the office 365 licenses can be used on OSX. Office 365 is web based right?
    Yes office 365 downloads include macs
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #3
      Yes it can. Don't know where you got the idea that O365 is web only. with MAPS you get 5 O365 E3 licenses:

      Office 365 E3 | Office 365
      Office 365 E3
      • Includes full desktop versions of Office apps
      • Each user can install Office mobile apps on 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 phones
      • Five layers of security and monitoring help keep customer data safe
      • Reduce IT costs, and move to the cloud on your terms
      • Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, and 24/7 support from Microsoft
      So you get 5 users with 5 devices each for a total of 25 devices.

      Comment


        #4
        You get both 5 X O365 licenses, that you can download the media from the O365 site. You also get 5 X Office 2019 licenses, (and 1 each of Project Pro, Visio Pro) that you can download the MSI for and install.

        Comment


          #5
          I was an action pack subscriber for over 10 years. But since they closed it down and re jigged things - I never bothered to re open my account.
          Used to £250 for all the software they had to play with.

          Is it still the same - or is it now all cloud based?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by voodoo1927 View Post
            I was an action pack subscriber for over 10 years. But since they closed it down and re jigged things - I never bothered to re open my account.
            Used to £250 for all the software they had to play with.

            Is it still the same - or is it now all cloud based?
            I renewed my subscription in December. In the software pack there are 10 Office licences, project, visio various flavours of Windows 10, most of the on prem server software and a bunch of cloud software, 5 office 365. intune and £75.00 of Azure credits. I also received 3 MSDN licences which has full Visual Studio 2019 and other dev tools. I think I paid £350 for it all.
            SUFTUM

            May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by voodoo1927 View Post
              I was an action pack subscriber for over 10 years. But since they closed it down and re jigged things - I never bothered to re open my account.
              Used to £250 for all the software they had to play with.

              Is it still the same - or is it now all cloud based?
              Click on the License Guide link and an Excel will pop up with everything you get. There's a mix of on-prem and cloud stuff.

              Action Pack

              It's now £350.

              Comment


                #8
                Nice they're including Visual Studio again - there was a long time when it wasn't included.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

                Comment


                  #9
                  If anyone can figure out how to sell me the Azure credit that comes with this, come take my money.
                  I'm thinking of buying it as well but I don't need any OS licenses and just bought an Office subscription a few months back.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                    If anyone can figure out how to sell me the Azure credit that comes with this, come take my money.
                    I'm thinking of buying it as well but I don't need any OS licenses and just bought an Office subscription a few months back.
                    I saw your post but I don't know how to do it. I guess I'd have to create an account for you in my tenant and trust you won't go shopping...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X