• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone tried a 3-1 cable for usb-c/lightning/micro USB?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried a 3-1 cable for usb-c/lightning/micro USB?

Rather than carry a raft of cables with me, do the 3-1 cables work? If so, what's the best?

I don't mind whether it is this sort of thing: Core 3-in-1 Lightning / Micro USB / USB-C 1m Cable - White
    or something like this:
    USB Multi-Charging Cable - Lightning, USB-C, Micro-USB | StarTech.com United Kingdom
    Just don't want it to break after a week of use.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

I didn't look very well but I didn't see the top one saying what version USB it was. The second says USB 2. Do you not want to be looking for a product that is USB 3 and/or mentions fast charging?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I didn't look very well but I didn't see the top one saying what version USB it was. The second says USB 2. Do you not want to be looking for a product that is USB 3 and/or mentions fast charging?

As long as it can handle 2A, it doesn't matter whether it's USB 2 or 3. That part of the specification for USB refers to data transmission. The part of the spec about charging has been at least 3A for the best part of a decade now, the limitation being the charger and the device.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Fair dinkum. I've bought a load of cables in the past when I didn't check the specs and the charging times have varies considerableu so always check the details now. Looks like you've already done your homework.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X