• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I take legal action against Samsung for loss of data on faulty tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell them that if they insist on going to court, you'll add an extra zero to the value of the photos you didn't back up. That'll learn em.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
      Tell them that if they insist on going to court, you'll add an extra zero to the value of the photos you didn't back up. That'll learn em.
      Tell them it's got pictures of MF's missus naked on it and they may pay it uncontested.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In case you hadn't already grasped the fact, you're buggered. If you sue anyone, you might as well set fire to your house (although if you have a very large bank balance, it might just be cheaper to sue). You have just learned a very valuable lesson though. Put everything you don't want to lose on some sort of backup device. A memory card will do, or if you want to be a cheapskate, email it to yourself on a gmail account. Still, you're a numpty, get over it and stop being an even bigger numpty.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          In case you hadn't already grasped the fact, you're buggered. If you sue anyone, you might as well set fire to your house (although if you have a very large bank balance, it might just be cheaper to sue). You have just learned a very valuable lesson though. Put everything you don't want to lose on some sort of backup device. A memory card will do, or if you want to be a cheapskate, email it to yourself on a gmail account. Still, you're a numpty, get over it and stop being an even bigger numpty.
          I never thought i'd see the day, but hear, hear

Comment

Can't you get the family to recreate the videos? Or just wait until December?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Sam170582 View Post
              They have told me if I proceed they will seek to claim their legal costs from me. How likely is it I will have to pay their legal costs if I lose and have I got a case I can win?
              Just to clarify on this one point, costs (beyond those fixed by the courts) are very rarely awarded for either party in a small claim. However a court may decide to award one party costs if the court believes the other party has behaved unreasonably.

Refusing to accept a sensible offer or claiming an excessive sum in alleged damages could both potentially fall foul of this requirement.
              The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Tell them it's got pictures of MF's missus naked on it and they may pay it uncontested.
                Pre or post patio?

Comment

Working...
                X