• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Professional 2016 Installed, what is email address its registered to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not sure if it's anything to do with Office but a regedit search did find a folder:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Id entityCRL\StoredIdentities\<xoggoth>@btinternet.co m
    Looks like you've found your email address. Try signing into the office website and follow the forgot your password link.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

sadly that registry entry is blank for me, so still no nearer finding out the email that office is registered to...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Microsoft Professional 2016 Installed
        So quite a while ago I installed MS Office, I had to create a Microsoft email account to do so, noted down the password of that account (which I generated just for that purpose), and never thought any more of it.
        Now it comes time to revisit this I cannot remember the name of the email address I used to register Office with. I had assumed I would be able to tell from Office, such as File->Account->Product Info but horror of horrors it doesn’t show the email address the product is registered to (like its says it will helpfully but incorrectly on the Microsoft help site).
        Any ideas how to find out the email address office 2016 is registered to? Is it in the registry somewhere? Or where?
        Did they ask you for a backup e-mail address when you did the registration? If yes, you should check out the e-mail that you gave. Or if you've sent e-mails from it you can try and track it down. Otherwise, you should visit the support page that was linked above.

Comment

Working...
        X