• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macbook Pro's are ace buy one immediately :D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine
    I will have a go at this soon, purely to have done it.. i honestly can't see why I would want windows on this hardware at the moment though. When i got my hands on Vista final i was impressed but OSX Tiger is stupidly impressive.

Sh1t i'm turning into a proper mac fanboy
    mmmmm stella

Comment

All praise the OrangeHopper.

It's taken a while but you are all slowly converting.

All praise Jobs and Wozithingy
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Yeah but they are feckin expensive by comparison to similar hardware that only runs windows/linux. Why is this? why do you have to pay SO much more for a little illuminated apple on the lid?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
          Yeah but they are feckin expensive by comparison to similar hardware that only runs windows/linux. Why is this? why do you have to pay SO much more for a little illuminated apple on the lid?
          That's actually a myth - unless you're talking about the Wintel laptops that contain generic components.

If you had to source a laptop with the equivalent branded parts you'd expect to pay pretty much the same. They're slightly cheaper than the equivalent Thinkpad for example.

Also, I ordered mine a week before they introduced a new model. They e-mailed me to say that because a new model was coming out they were dropping the price of the model I ordered. They credited my account with the difference (about £300) and sent me a machine with a larger hard-drive for the inconvenience of having to wait an extra week. Can't say fairer than that...
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Nothing is perfect but some things are more perfect than others!

Comment

If you have a Mac then get this.... http://orbicule.com/

Must say that on the surface that software looks really, really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                That's actually a myth - unless you're talking about the Wintel laptops that contain generic components.

If you had to source a laptop with the equivalent branded parts you'd expect to pay pretty much the same. They're slightly cheaper than the equivalent Thinkpad for example.
                Well, for once I'll have to agree. Previously Mac notebooks certainly went at a premium price. But since the switch to Intel Duos the prices for comparable kit are not too bad. And if you look at say the MacBook Pro models then yes you're getting the more or less top of the food chain Intel T7600 Core 2 Duos for much the same, occasionally better, price as any PC notebook out there.

Unfortunately, unless you're a Flash/Photoshop guru, you'll still have to install something else on it to earn your daily crust.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                  Unfortunately, unless you're a Flash/Photoshop guru, you'll still have to install something else on it to earn your daily crust.
                  Or unless you develop in Java
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The prie is comparable provided you don't want it in black (fashion victims beware!)
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                      The prie is comparable provided you don't want it in black (fashion victims beware!)
                      My notebook is black....then I thought that all notebooks were black.

Apple. Products so cool we don't need customers.

Comment

Working...
                      X