• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business laptop insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business laptop insurance

Does anyone have business laptop insurance that they may actually have claimed on? I know there are lots of insurance providers available but I don't want to pay if they are likely to squirm out of a perfectly valid claim.

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
    Does anyone have business laptop insurance that they may actually have claimed on? I know there are lots of insurance providers available but I don't want to pay if they are likely to squirm out of a perfectly valid claim.
    what sort of claim?

I have business travel insurance from Qdos. That should pay out due to loss/theft when travelling. Like most travel insurance though, they have a definition of travel that might not meet your understanding.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

As I said in the other thread. Add it to your business insurance. It won’t cost you much more, maybe a few quid.

Hiscox cover tech at home and while travelling for work up to £4K of value on my policy.

Comment

I want cover for an expensive laptop (circa 1500-2k) to be used when working at client sites and away from home.

Cost is not an issue as such, just looking for decent cover against theft and damage.

Comment

Haha. That’s not expensive. Just use your household insurance. And DONT leave it in your car. Where are you worried it’ll be stolen from?

Also business insurance is t very good for damage. Household far better for that.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Haha. That’s not expensive. Just use your household insurance. And DONT leave it in your car. Where are you worried it’ll be stolen from?

Also business insurance is t very good for damage. Household far better for that.
            When they ask for proof of purchase they could get iffy about it being a business asset?

Unless your home insurance includes having an office/equipment covered.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
              I want cover for an expensive laptop (circa 1500-2k) to be used when working at client sites and away from home.

Cost is not an issue as such, just looking for decent cover against theft and damage.
              Which is what I recommended. You’re welcome.

Also as Lance said that’s not an “expensive laptop”.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                When they ask for proof of purchase they could get iffy about it being a business asset?

Unless your home insurance includes having an office/equipment covered.
                Read the small print.

When I was burgled I claimed for more than one laptop, owned by my then employer. All paid up. But that was a home burglary that would not have been covered by a separate business policy anyway.

It all comes back to the same question though. What are you insuring against?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

get an auto safe ~ £50.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laptop-Va...QAAOSwrBdarqQg
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                    As I said in the other thread. Add it to your business insurance. It won’t cost you much more, maybe a few quid.

Hiscox cover tech at home and while travelling for work up to £4K of value on my policy.
                    Agree with this - hiscox cover my laptop phone etc as part of my policy.

Comment

Working...
                    X