• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Action Pack Promo code?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    £330 is what MAPS costs these days... ouch, I think I got mine for £200 when I last used it. But then they kept changing it and I couldn't be arsed, and realised I didn't need it anyway now VS is free for everything I require.
    I assume it's still a massive bargain if you use even 10% of it?
    I don't think the price has changed much in the past couple of years, It's just thus far people are used to it being more or less constantly 50% off due to a string of promo codes. Azure credits and Office 365 license alone are well worth it if you use them.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Well you get a monthly azure credit (£70 though might have increased to £100) which more than covers the cost for me. Then along with Office licenses and Office 365 email (5 licenses) and operating systems etc, it's good value.

The first year I had a promo code which cut it down to around 200 ish.
      Not just o365 email. You get full E3 licenses.
      For another £3 a month you get a Skype conference dial in number. This in itself is valuable as clients seem to take for ever to issue conf call numbers and they can be crappy.

Project and Visio as well and you get a real lot for the money.

Total no brainer at 330
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Nah, there were no promo codes or Azure credits when I had mine. You just got a huge stack of CDs and a list of serial keys. Every now and then a courier would deliver a new box of shiny DVDs.

Getting Azure credit sounds like a wonderful boon, presumably in keeping with MAPS history you can use this for running your production server should you wish? Even if not it's a great feature.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nah, there were no promo codes or Azure credits when I had mine. You just got a huge stack of CDs and a list of serial keys. Every now and then a courier would deliver a new box of shiny DVDs.

Getting Azure credit sounds like a wonderful boon, presumably in keeping with MAPS history you can use this for running your production server should you wish? Even if not it's a great feature.
          I remember my huge pile of DVDs - I've just got rid of them when clearing out the garage.

I use the azure credit for production websites and for testing web jobs and functions etc. I had a quick look and didn't see anything obvious about just using it for training or testing but who would care anyway

Comment

The £70ish Azrue credits that come with the Action pack can be used for production, on top of them you have 3x£50ish Azure credits from the 3 MSDN subscriptions that can't used for production but are good for goofing around

Comment

Working...
            X