• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Action Pack Promo code?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Not quite. You put in the vat number and MS won’t charge the VaT at all. FRS makes no odds.

EDIT: more detail on that is that it's a foreign transaction as MS are Ireland based. If you provide them the VAT number they ermove the charge. Whether you should then 'fess up on your VAT returns I don't know, but if you've not been charged VAT I don't see why.
    ahhh i see. For the life of me I just can't find where to put the VAT number on my renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      ahhh i see. For the life of me I just can't find where to put the VAT number on my renewal.
      at payment stage. It's for the billing address bit.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

at payment stage. It's for the billing address bit.
        It's not for me. I had to edit the contact information then add the vat again. But the original order is still showing vat and it won't cancel so I can do a new renew order.

This is not a great website.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          It's not for me. I had to edit the contact information then add the vat again. But the original order is still showing vat and it won't cancel so I can do a new renew order.

This is not a great website.
          I'm not sure. My invoice says at the bottom ""VAT exempt Intra-EU delivery"

It's 330GBP + 0% VAT

That was in September
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'm not sure. My invoice says at the bottom ""VAT exempt Intra-EU delivery"

It's 330GBP + 0% VAT

That was in September
            Lance, thanks mate you saved me £70. I had to contact MS support to cancel the original order as cancel button doesn't do anything. Once that was done I could renew again and the VAT was removed. Owe you a pint.

Comment

You need to understand how interstate vat works. He hasn’t really saved you a penny
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You need to understand how interstate vat works. He hasn’t really saved you a penny
                Hasn’t he, I can’t claim the vat back so I would be out by £70. Tell me what I’m missing

Comment

yes. Feed it your VAT number and get 20% off.
                  It's 0% VAT

Check with your accountant to be sure you can claim. Personally I don't think that £70 is worth getting on the VATman radar.

MS stopped offering promo codes for it as of 30.06.2017.
                  Last edited by sal; 2 January 2018, 09:53.

Comment

£330 is what MAPS costs these days... ouch, I think I got mine for £200 when I last used it. But then they kept changing it and I couldn't be arsed, and realised I didn't need it anyway now VS is free for everything I require.
                    I assume it's still a massive bargain if you use even 10% of it?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      £330 is what MAPS costs these days... ouch, I think I got mine for £200 when I last used it. But then they kept changing it and I couldn't be arsed, and realised I didn't need it anyway now VS is free for everything I require.
                      I assume it's still a massive bargain if you use even 10% of it?
                      Well you get a monthly azure credit (£70 though might have increased to £100) which more than covers the cost for me. Then along with Office licenses and Office 365 email (5 licenses) and operating systems etc, it's good value.

The first year I had a promo code which cut it down to around 200 ish.

Comment

Working...
                      X