• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC wont power up - flashing DRAM LED light

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Got plenty of HDDs spare, plenty of spare RAM and a subscription to O365.
    But potentially the RAM doesn't work and you're about to drop £175+ just to find out.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      But potentially the RAM doesn't work and you're about to drop £175+ just to find out.
      Ha ha - maybe!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Not sure if I've found the problem.

MOBO has two power connectors. The main 24pin and a smaller 8pin one (cpu?). Yes I did plug both in from replacement PSU!

I accidentally noticed that if the 8 pin is disconnected or connected makes no difference at all. Checked voltages on the output from psu on this 8 pin and looks ok. So it looks like the problem is with the 8pin secondary power socket on the mobo. (New one has gone back to amazon so cant test that).

CPU could be still ok but who knows. Anyway, old mobo and cpu so I've bought new AMD mobo and processor from amazon. Bargain - £160 or so.

Comment

Only a bargain if it works.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It's a none Ryzen cpu and an old motherboard - I really wouldn't call it a bargain unless the computer doubles up as the heater for the room
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Good old amazon. Can return anything for very little cost...

Comment

Good old amazon. Can return anything for very little cost...
                You have to pay to return stuff?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You have to pay to return stuff?
                  Yep unless it is faulty and within a certain time limit.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Yep unless it is faulty and within a certain time limit.
                    Yes there are reasons for the return where the return is free. If you just dont want it anymore you can send back yourself or its £4 for amazon locker dropoff I think.

I think if you give reason "item is not of sufficient quality" its free.

Got to be a bit careful about taking the p*ss mind. You hear stories of amazon closing accounts because they sent too much stuff back.

Stil prefer amazon every day of the week due to ease, great customer service, easy returns etc.

Comment

Yes there are reasons for the return where the return is free. If you just dont want it anymore you can send back yourself or its £4 for amazon locker dropoff I think.

I think if you give reason "item is not of sufficient quality" its free.

Got to be a bit careful about taking the p*ss mind. You hear stories of amazon closing accounts because they sent too much stuff back.
                      Sending anything back using an incorrect categorisation is taking the piss. Those thst get banned for it were way beyond that. Any anyway, when did that ever stop you?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X