• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best paying database developer environment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For career opportunities SQL server hybrid (cloud and on-prem)..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      For career opportunities SQL server hybrid (cloud and on-prem)..
      This. But if you want to be all trendy suggest MongoDB.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

+1

Azure and hybrid are both good options. SQL Server was based on Sybase so should be an easier transition. MongoDB is good for some things but it's very immature in other areas.

Comment

Mongodb serves certain use cases. It's great but it's overkill for some purposes. sql server and azure will open a lot more doors
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I would ask myself this. Should it support 3V's - Volume, Velocity and Variety. If yes, go BigData stack. If you are looking at other DBs then decide if they should support Graphs (e.g. GraphDB) or Relational?
            If relational, then Do you need stored procedures, triggers etc.

Your use case would say which one is suitable.

Comment

I've been testing DB2 BLU with analytics, Postgres, MongoDB, MariaDB along with weird stuff like Redis, Spark, Cassandra, Geode, etc but it really depends on what you want to do with it. DB2 BLU was not bad and Postgres is nice and simple (R/W was slow though)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

All DB work has gone to India. You're a decade too late.

Comment

MongoDB. For the times when you don't really care if your data is there or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    All DB work has gone to India. You're a decade too late.

Originally posted by BobShawadiwadi View Post
                    Hi ya Dim, after some Production doings all the tables have gone the way of Shiva,
                    as database expert can you please revert with the step by step necessary doings and the way to fix new non functioning back up. Thanks
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BobShawadiwadi View Post
                      Hi ya Dim, after some Production doings all the tables have gone the way of Shiva,
                      as database expert can you please revert with the step by step necessary doings and the way to fix new non functioning back up. Thanks
                      I get these emails everyday....

Comment

Working...
                      X