• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is FB slowing down for anyone else?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is FB slowing down for anyone else?

Last week or two FB in my browser has become really slow. Jerky scrolling, often takes a few seconds for the page to load actual content instead of place-holders, frequently loads a single story and places a "more stories" button which I wonder might be to reduce server load.

Other sites I frequent don't seem to have had similar performance issues in the same timeframe so I wondered if any of you lot have seen, or aware of, this? I don't know where I would go to get reliable information rather than anecdotal.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I have noticed they have added more and more things "... someone is typing a comment" on posts, etc so maybe the issue could be JavaScript performance - my desktop is quite old and I've seen issues on other JS-heavy sites such as the re-vamped chess.com.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Seems OK to me but I've only got 5 friends and I think they've taken me off their timeline so IDK
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X