• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd problem with wireless repeater.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Are these BT thingies using WiFi to communicate with each other or power cables? The website makes them sound amazing, but gives little detail on what they're really doing.
    Yep BT are just the first to launch a wifi mesh system in the UK... I suspect they will be a lot more appearing over the next year or so....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Apparently Ubiquiti is a decent system. No idea if it's more widely available. Possibly overkill for a mere residential dwelling unless it's very, very important to you.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep BT are just the first to launch a wifi mesh system in the UK... I suspect they will be a lot more appearing over the next year or so....
        BT are the first to launch a consumer (I would still say prosumer as its over kill for 80% of homes), I have a similar set up with Meraki, although pay a bit more for it
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          BT are the first to launch a consumer (I would still say prosumer as its over kill for 80% of homes), I have a similar set up with Meraki, although pay a bit more for it
          But is the meraki system as simple? The BT offering seems almost plug and play (if we use that term anymore?) but thought the meraki needed a bit of networking nouse and setting up?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Apparently Ubiquiti is a decent system. No idea if it's more widely available. Possibly overkill for a mere residential dwelling unless it's very, very important to you.
            That does look lovely, but he's already got his rooms wired up. That and a PoE switch with a couple of cheapy APs would fix the OP's problem on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
              That does look lovely, but he's already got his rooms wired up. That and a PoE switch with a couple of cheapy APs would fix the OP's problem on its own.
              Should do but it's a mess. That BT kit looks nice and clean. I meed to junk the BT routers and get some proper APs but it's gonna cost the same as the mesh kit. Oh I don't know lol.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X