• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with Malwarebytes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Malwarebytes

Have the premium version and it certainly seemed good until the last few days. Now it seems to be blocking far too many websites, hard to believe they are all a problem. Today it stopped me running System Mechanic, it treats every IOLO file as a PUP. More worryingly, saw a message that made me think it was blocking Trusteer, the security program that you download from your bank's websites.

Anyone else getting these problems?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

It seems they've been having recent problems with a Microsoft update: https://www.askwoody.com/2016/malwar...omment-page-1/

Dunno if that's related to the issues you're seeing.

Comment

Cheers Nick. Not sure on reasons but managed to add all 64 or so IOLO folders, files and registry keys to ignore list. I'll see if it stays so quite so fussy about websites.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X