• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Copying files between laptops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper ethernet port or USB dongle?

(This has got me wondering what I've done with my laptop's USB ethernet dongle).
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You need one of these... HTHBIDI

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        10MBPS (MegaBYTES per second) or 10Mbps (MegaBITS per second)?

If it's the former then I guess one of the NICs is 100MBps, quite common for older laptops with theoretical maximum speed of around 12MBPS

Even a slow 5400 should have at least 30-50MBPS read/write speed
        True, but if both disks are heavily fragmented, copy speed will slow to a crawl. However OP says both disks are SSD, so it's not the disks I would doubt.

Comment

Eek's suggestion/link solved it now getting approx 80-100MB/s.

+1 for robocopy I use that alot when moving SQL Backup files between servers, with the correct threading, etc it can really fly.

Cheers.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
          X