• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curved monitor deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    SAMSUNG 27" Curved LED Monitor S27D590C Full HD - Retail Boxed Grade A+ 12 Months Warranty, S27D590C

Just ordered this for a 2nd PC at home: it's a £250 monitor that's £160 on this site as a Grade A+ refurb.... gotta be worth a shot. Haven't used the site before but seems OK from reviews.

BTW I have the 34" curved monitor for my main home PC and it's fantastic.
    34 curved - probably my last monitor - so amazing

Comment

Buy SAMSUNG UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" Curved TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Gonna get one as a monitor, split into 4 HD desktop regions using software like splitview.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Buy SAMSUNG UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" Curved TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Gonna get one as a monitor, split into 4 HD desktop regions using software like splitview.
        Isn't HDMI wildly out of date now, practically like going back to carriages and gas lamps?

I'm sure I recall someone mentioning there was something better (or newer at any rate).
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Isn't HDMI wildly out of date now, practically like going back to carriages and gas lamps?

I'm sure I recall someone mentioning there was something better (or newer at any rate).
          HDMI 2.0 supports 4K at 60HZ

Comment

HDCP 2.2 ?

HDCP 2.2 is a technology designed to prevent illegal copying of 4K Ultra HD content.

Every link in your video chain must support HDCP 2.2 — your TV, video source, and any component the video signal passes through. If one does not, you won't see a 4K picture.

HDMI 2.0 is also required for TVs and components to be able to pass 4K video. But you can't assume that every device that has HDMI 2.0 will also support HDCP 2.2.

What you need to know about HDCP 2.2
            Last edited by Flashman; 25 August 2016, 10:38.

Comment

Display Port presumably. Is that any more than HDMI with a different plug so that Apple can charge more for leads?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I skipped the 3D TV and curved TV fad, hopefully the next fad is good enough to make me switch my HD TV from '09

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
                  I skipped the 3D TV and curved TV fad, hopefully the next fad is good enough to make me switch my HD TV from '09
                  It might soon be time to move on from your Nokia 6210 too.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    It might soon be time to move on from your Nokia 6210 too.
                    Never upgraded from the 3310 to the 6210 - not enough new features. Think I might try one of these without a keypad - seems to have survived the test of time so far

Comment

Working...
                    X