• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do we stand with cameras on phones in 2016?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another link: 10 Top Best Camera Phones For Photography 2016

(I figured other people might find this topic interesting)
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Another link: 10 Top Best Camera Phones For Photography 2016

(I figured other people might find this topic interesting)

That was one of the first ones I went to. The other one worth checking is www.dpreview.com - although they don't do a lot on phones.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I hadn't realised Apple brought in manual camera controls but apparently it came in with iOS8 (no idea which phones) so that's a plus. Though I'm not really wanting to go the iPhone route.

I'd assume/hope that Android being Android, I can get direct control of my camera on a half-decent phone?

Comment

I put windows 10 trial on my 1020, its a bit of a mixed bag but the photo app is substantially better.

They are now not going to release win 10 for the 1020 so I'm stuck on a version that wont get improved. fookers.

I cant see me moving away from the 1020 though, the camera is still a game changer for me.

Comment

I hadn't realised they weren't going to release it for the 1020, what a shambles Windows Phone has ended up being, after such a promising start

I'm hoping to get a brand new 1020 as a replacement for mine developing a fault - I'm then torn between selling it and buying a mid-range Android with a decent camera, and using it until it breaks and splashing out for something in a couple of years. I'm increasingly getting tired of the lack of app support and the browser not being the best and while I have not heard great stuff about WP10, being stuck on 8.1 is not going to help!

I was looking into the OnePlus 2 which comes out top for a budget phone, only to realise the OnePlus 3 is launching in a week's time. I'm pretty tempted to keep my new 1020 box-fresh and sell it to fund a 1+3.

Comment

Working...
            X